Saturday, March 21, 2009

Highs and Lows

I did it; I got the Personal Assistant job and believe me I have no doubt that the pearls played a major role in securing the position. I am so excited and relieved to be employed once again and in a position that I feel will be a doorway to a new life long career – or maybe not, who the heck knows. All I know is that I almost collapsed on the conference room floor and burst into tears of joy when I was offered the position at the conclusion of my final interview. In retrospect I’m glad I retained my composure cause it would be really hard to return a tear stained business suit back to Lord and Taylor (hey I only wore it for like 2 hours…let’s call it a rental).

After receiving the grand news I spent the remainder of my day celebrating with Scooter in Upstate Manhattan. Yesterday was our “last G & S lovefest”, a day though supposedly reserved for packing was high jacked by the 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T, eating take out, drinking beer and singing and dancing around the apartment to our favorite music. Of course I got weepy; my sappy meter is so off the charts. However once Scooter realized that our musical trip down memory lane was leading me down the path into emotional oblivion he swiftly disengaged the offending track thereby denying me the pleasure a big ol’ heaving cry….ehhh it will come, I am sure.
.


No comments: