Thursday, October 30, 2008

EEEEEEK a MOUSE!



The two main custodians of my sanity (Galleta & Scooter) narrowly escaped a call from me last night when I was awoken by the sounds of a MOUSE in my BEDROOM!!!! At about 3 am last night the little bugger was under my dresser playing around with a scrap of paper that had fallen to the floor. Once my eyes acclimated to my surroundings and zeroed in on the location of the noise I immediately spiraled into mini panic mode. I then did what any self respecting woman would do in the same situation – I curled up in a ball on my bed until at last Squeakers got bored of his folly and scooted into the Living Room. I of course could not fall back to sleep and ALL I wanted to do was call either of my boys so they could recue me from my vermin infested boudoir. After mulling over the list of perspective consequences that my late night call may induce, I decided to buck it up and lay motionless in my bed until my alarm went off at 5 am. During my two hours of pre dawn terror I devised many plans of action to rid myself of this tawny grey menace. I will now list some of my possible ideas generated during this time of creative problem solving:

  • I could leave for work at my scheduled 6am departure time and never return.
  • I could temporarily move in with Galleta or Scooter until a person with a much stronger resolve “takes care” of the problem.
  • I could call in sick to work, take the 3 hour LIRR trip out to Sag Harbor and return with my Mom’s newly adopted kitten.


No comments: