Thursday, August 6, 2009

Back on the Horse


The two dates last week were less than perfect. Number 1 was a ‘handsy’ narcoleptic and number 2 was a fidgety 41 year old Vet Tech who thought it was perfectly fine to sit at the table downing his pint while I excused myself to buy my OWN drink.
Me: “Ummmm I guess I will just go to the bar and get a drink?”
#2: “Yeah sure” points towards the bar


After filling my Monday and Tuesday nights with these exhausting interactions I was ready for a respite from the daily grind of hunting and pecking through cyberspace for a suitable beau. For the remainder of the week I focused on other more pressing things, like installing my air conditioners ON MY OWN and drinking copious amounts of cheap wine on Swason’s roof top. That roof top thing is becoming a habit but I don’t think Swason minds, I mean I did splurge for the $13 bottle of Screw Kappa Napa.

My week was also plagued by immense personal upheaval that unfortunately readers I cannot share with you. However please know that things are on the mend and my outlook is that it can only get better from here. Either that or I'll start heavily self medicating.

This week has kicked last week’s ass! It has been fantastic and it’s only getting better. I started off with a super fantastic dinner at Cookshop with my ol’ High School buddy Weezer (shout out to Face Book for the re-friending hook up) where we dined on succulent seafood topped off by the most decadent of deserts, The Cookshop Candy Bar – wholly cow - frozen chocolate cake with like a peanut butter ganache, dipped in dark chocolate, sprinkled with sea salt and stuck on sticks – yeah that was good. From there we sped off to Madison Square Garden where we bopped the night away to Depeche Mode. These 50- somethings were kicking it HARD – damn they sounded terrific. So good in fact that Weezer and I both vowed to actually learn their names instead of referring to them as lead singer, blondie, and that other guy. The next night I continued my week of joy by meeting up with one of my old Pink Ladies from Hunter and trying out the NEW beer garden in Astoria. Great night once again, full of Sangria (yes at the Beer Garden) wurst (infused with cheese), lots of laughs and a some venting over the state of the Department of Education and the entire metro area school system – nice to have somebody who understands (i.e. agrees with me). To continue on my track of good humor, this evening my officemates, Bookie 2 (in the future I will refer to her as just Bookie) and T-bone and I are popping down to NoHo to take in some theater, Puppetry of the Penis. For those who are uneducated in such artistic ventures – Puppetry of the Penis requires its troupe of naked Ausie to manipulate their flaccid members into interesting shapes; I hear the “Mickey Mouse” is a crowd pleaser. Ohh I wonder if there will be audience participation?

Now back to the online dating update – I’m back in. I’m searching and responding, poking and winking, and yet…..this is what I get:

i'm looking for someone that can relate to the late 80's and early 90's, girls you gotta love the hi hair and spandex, please be fun, gotta like tattoo's. in free time love to go art museums, tattos conventions, hunting and fishing when ever I get a shot, and hanging down at killy rock. got any guestion just ask, dont be shy. so lets have some fun....

No comments: