Monday, November 16, 2009

A Roller Coaster of a Weekend

I went into this past weekend with some trepidation however in the light of a sunny Monday morning I think the whole crazy ride ended up rather super.

Things learned on Friday

  • The general public SUCKS at karaoke.
  • Screaming, laughing, and talking to your friends on a mic is NOT karaoke
  • The karaoke menu should NOT include any songs by the Jonas Brothers NOR should a karaoke bar have any patrons who choose to sing (?) the Jonas Brothers.
  • Mailroom guys do not understand that “Shout’ is the TITLE of a Tears for Fears song, not the style in which it is to be performed.
  • When somebody says, “Hey you didn’t sign the going away card” and you respond, “I don’t work with you”, then they retort, “But you’re our concierge!?”, is it rude to remind them that you were laid off in Jan. of 2003? I hope they haven’t been waiting all this time for their tickets to “The Producers”.

Things learned on Saturday

  • Even in a recession people will venture out in a Nor’ Eastern to wait online at Marshall’s for over an hour with screaming children (I was just making a return).
  • Microwave popcorn and two frozen waffles is dinner.
  • When spooning do not utter THIS sentence into your ‘spoon partner’s’ ear, “We really shouldn’t have done that” – even if said statement is true. There is a time and a place for an attack of conscience, like on your own time in your own place. Or as Peggy Olson would say, “Quit barging in here and infecting me with your anxiety.”

Things learned on Sunday

  • Skipping breakfast and lunch and going straight to pints of Guinness makes a Sunday afternoon breeze easily into a Sunday evening.
  • People who sing – should.
  • Tubas make everything funny.
  • Drunken bras shopping may be my new Sunday indulgence.
  • Being overly flirty with the male cashier will score you a 20% “Friends and Family Coupon” – or maybe it was because I let him man handle my newly purchased lacy incidentals. Either way I tell you who didn’t get the coupon, the 2 nosey Orthodox Jewesses next to me.
  • Swason will always tell the truth (that’s not a new thing I learned, it was just reinforced)

No comments: