Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Very Random Update

I’ve been waiting to write when I have some quantity of quality material but unfortunately all I have is a mix bag of snippets…. so here it is:

Overheard at the beach
Late 20 something corporate lawyer: I’m gonna have to break up with my boyfriend, he doesn’t have any ambition. Like he makes 150 and he’s happy with THAT! Like he doesn’t even have any goals, he doesn’t want to better himself, I mean with his salary. I can’t spend my life with a guy who is happy to make less money then me.
*I was so close to turning around and asking for his phone number cause I could overlook a guy who makes 150k at 28 years old and is HAPPY*

Overheard at the beach
(different set of chicks)
So I said I would meet him then I ran to Duane Read bought a razor and shaved my legs in the bathroom at Barnes and Noble.
*damn it’s tough being a chick in the city*


Conversation with my co-workers regarding apartment building smells:
Bookie: Who doesn’t love the smell bacon?
Me: You know if they made a men’s cologne that smells like cooked bacon, no guy would ever have problems getting chicks.
(Note this conversation commenced prior to the Swine Flu out break)

New things that make me happy:

Muffin Pies – The Bookie bought them for us, mine was apple (of course).
Bookie: I am putting muffin pies in the kitchen.
Me: I don’t know what a muffin pie is but you just said two of my favorite words.


Lap Desk- it is fantastic! Not only does it keep the hot bottom of the laptop from permanently scarring my upper thighs it also has a cup holder!

Yapta.com – it’s a website that tracks hotel and airline prices then emails you when the rate drops. OR if you bought the ticket already it will track the price and email you if you are eligible for a refund.

Travels
Next week I’m going to NC for the weekend to visit Q then next month I’m heading out west to see Scooter. Jet blue was having this super sale so I jumped on the chance to visit my peeps. NC will be filled with lots of food, drinks, relaxing, (some sight seeing) and a good old girlie funfest. Seattle should be stupendous, so much green nature to explore. I never thought I would be jazzed to see the Pacific North West but after doing some research I’m intrigued by the rain forests, Scooter and I are even planning a mini- camping trip in
Olympic National Park.

No comments: